Features of forged trunnion ball valves are as follows: 1) Anti-fire safe desi
A plug valve is a quarter-turn manual valve that uses a cylindrical or tapered plug to permit or prevent straight through flow through the body. The plug has a straight through full port opening. Plug valve can be used in on-off, basic moderate throttling, and diverting services.
The face-to-face standard for plug valves is normally associated with ANSI Standard B16.10. However, many manufacturers have elected to use face-to-face dimensions provided for gate valves so that plug valves can be used as a replacement for gate valve in existing process services.
Plug Valve Design
The most common plug valve design allows for straight through, two way service, with the closure element in the middle of the body. The closure element, which is a plug and a sleeve, is accessible through top entry access in the body and is sealed by a bonnet cap.
In the open position, the passage in the plug lines up with the inlet and outlet ports of the valve. When the closure element is rotated 90° from the open position, the solid part of the plug blocks the flow passage and stops the flow of fluid.
For some corrosive chemical services (such a hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid etc), plug valve bodies are completely lined with PTFE, PVDF, PVDC, polyethylene, polypropylene or similar coatings.
Types of Plug Valves
Plug valves are available in various types as given below:
- Lubricating Plug Valve
- Non Lubricating Plug Valve
- Multi Port Plug Valve
- Eccentric Plug Valve
- Expanding Plug Valve
Plug Valve Applications
- Plug valves are commonly used in low-pressure-low-temperature services, although some high-pressure-high-temperature designs also exists.
- Plug valves are high capacity valves that can be used for directional flow control, even in moderate vacuum systems.
- Plug valves can efficiently handle gas and liquid fuel.
- Plug valves can safely handle extreme temperature flow, such as boiler feed water, condensate, and other such elements.
- Plug valves can be used to regulate the flow of liquids containing suspended solids, for example, slurries.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Plug Valve
- Plug valves have simple design with few parts.
- Plug valves open and close easily (except large dimensions).
- Maintenance and repair of plug valves can be done at the place of operation.
- Plug valves have low flow resistance.
- Plug valves provide reliable leak-proofness.
- Because of high friction, first movement (opening-closing) requires a large amount of force.
- NPS 4 (DN100) and larger plug valves require a gearbox or an actuator.
- Plug valve transitions are narrowing flows due to conic plug.
- Generally, plug valves costs are much larger than ball valves.
Get A Quote
If you are interested in our products and want to know more details,please leave a message here,we will reply you as soon as we can.